Saturday, September 24, 2011

Freeloaders...

Today was rough.  Saturday mornings I have my lab for my Organic Chem class.  And as it were, today was my turn to drive in the carpool.

Start my day, I was up at 7:15 to be showered, shaved, and fed/coffeed up by 9:30 to be out the door and arrived at my carpool buddy's apartment by 10.  So there I am, on time, where my day went to hell.

Here I was met by a locked door, that I knocked on for almost 20 minutes before someone actually answered.  As it turns out, my carpool buddy overslept, to which I was regaled for nearly the entire hour long trip about how unfair nursing school is turning out to be for her, as she's never getting any sleep.  Thankfully with about 20 minutes to go, she fell asleep. Mercy.

So we get to class.  The instructor announces that due to one of my classmates accidentally running across the test in the previous morning class, he will move up the exam to today, but permit us to use our notes on the test in compensation for springing it on us.  Now I had zero problem with this, an open note exam worth 20% of our exam grade?  Hell yeah!  But noo...of the 8 students in the class, about 4 of them began to complain.
Seriously??  It's an OPEN NOTES EXAM.  All the answers to every question on that test was covered in the notes!

And to top it all, that whining and bitching continued into lab time, and people were so focused on complaining that the lab took us twice as long as necessary to complete.

Followed by another trip home complete with more whining about how CB has to work tonight and her coworker wants her to switch zones and that's unfair because she worked that zone last night and it is too busy for her to be able to study and work at the same time.

Consequently, by the time I got home, I passed out on the couch.

On an somewhat related note, 103 days until the start of Nursing School for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment