Monday, October 4, 2010

Busy busy...

Well it's been a whirlwind of a ride these past 6 weeks of CNA school.  2 left to go, but then a hugely long wait to get certified until December.  Kind of puts a damper on my plans of moving right away at the end of the year, but I figure I can stick around a couple more months and see whether or not I'll be getting into the local Nursing school before just packin my bags and leavin on a jet plane.  Still applying to the program out of state, and it's still my first choice, but in the mean time I can keep trying to find an interim job, and see how things go here.

Now, on to class.  These past 6 weeks, and the next two, has done one wonderful thing for me.  The experience of helping the residents at the nursing home I've been doing clinicals has only reinforced the fact that I now realize that nursing is what I want to do, for the rest of my life.  Sure, it's been difficult at times, with patients that may not exactly be always nice, but you know what? It's incredibly fulfilling at the end of the day knowing that you made their lives just a little bit easier, even if they're too far gone to acknowledge it, or even realize it themselves.  I've never felt more satisfied with a job, and I fully intend to turn this into my career.  All I've got to do now, is finish the journey.  Get into a program, beat the odds, and finally reach the goal I've been searching and striving for since I turned 21 and started actually wondering what I wanted to do with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment